Thursday, July 14, 2005

Hushabye Mountain

The soothing music fills the air as I take a deep breath and close my eyes. Imagine now I am on a time machine, traveling back to where it all started. Look out the window to see images flitting past in blinding speed; images of people whom I have come to know, and experiences that I have come to live. Most will blur into an unrecognizable pattern of hues and colours, but some will stay on for the longest of time, for better, or for worse.

A gentle breeze from hushabye mountain
Softly blows o'er lullaby bay
It fills the sails of boats that are waiting
Waiting to sail your worries away


Track 01:
The first meeting at Wangsa Maju LRT station turned out to be the start of a 4-year long relationship. What would I do without you?

Track 02:
Mr MD holding me close in his arms under the umbrella as we brave the rain at busy Bukit Bintang. The memories will linger on, coz I have got your perfume.

Track 03:
I said ‘Hi’ to a dark figure that had been following me for the whole night in Lost World. I remember asking if you liked me, the silence that followed was deafening.

It isn't far to hushabye mountain
And your boat waits down by the key
The winds of night so softly are sighing
Soon they will fly your troubles to sea


Track 04:
You stopped at the stairway before leaving Babylon, and waved frantically for my attention. I miss you, Nop. Can I hear you sing ‘Happy Birthday’ in Thai again?

Track 05:
Steamy sessions in the car on the rainy wee hours of Saturday mornings. Did we say we will progress to somewhere more comfortable?

Track 06:
Passionate kissing in the open showers for all to see. I think we can get rich if we charge.

So close your eyes on hushabye mountain
Wave goodbye to cares of the day
And watch your boat from Hushabye Mountain
Sail far away from lullaby bay


Track 07:
Standing on the bustling agogo street with a stalk of rose and a pink balloon poodle in my hand. I will come back for you soon, I promise.

Track 08:
Squeezing amongst heaps of copulating bodies on a Full Moon Party in Towel Club. Every move I made resulted in contact with either a well-built chest, firm butts or a eager hard-on. But why was I not excited?

Track 09:
Lying on the beach at Datai on a breezy late evening, you wrapped yourself around me and fell asleep. Too much wine for dinner, I know.

Track 10:
Stood in front of a fully occupied lift at the office lobby as it closed on a busy Monday morning. I looked at you looking at me. Waited half a year before we did more than looking, but this only made the whole experience more fulfilling.

No comments: