Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Fluffy Sticky Cotton Candy

He seemed perpetually trapped in an endless loop of the verse of this catchy hit, and with the accompanying percussion effects of his hands on the steering wheel, I couldn’t stop giggling. As we drove past Niko Niko’s, I thought it resembled that Greek song that was spinning there last night, but he said Mexican music is different, and so was he. We didn’t seem to be in a hurry to find food, nevertheless the queer-choked emissions emanating from Cafe Adobe on a Monday night was like a far-reaching searchlight on a darkened winter night, impossible to miss, and so we joined in the cacophony of clanking wine glasses in the middle of sisterhood gatherings, beauty and fashion parade and raunchy talk shows with generous compliments of glittering evening wear, gym show-offs and mobile phone conversations. I saw the same spot where I had sat at on my first visit here. Strangely, it didn’t seem so hard to let go now.

Our conversations would run on and on post dinner to a teahouse where I taught him how to play Big 2 (and got beaten at every round except the first) till we returned to my room, of which the highlight would only arrived, better late than never, during the farewell hug at 1am that went into overtime and took on a life of its own. He caught the lingering base note of my perfume, and using the pretext of wanting to identify the brand, continued to hold on to me to extend his investigation.

He wasn’t even trying anymore before long. The anticipation of an impending farewell had just the opposite effect, so we continued to stay very still, both standing in a dozy embrace, solidified at the brink of a bidding kiss, just behind the hotel door.

I thought that was bliss.

When our lips finally met, I was skimming the thin line of consciousness at 3am, found myself under the sheets, looking at him sweating silly struggling to pull down my shorts that were already half way down my butt. I reached for his fluffy hair and closed my eyes again, all the while thinking that I had never been happier since I arrived three weeks ago.

I am happy. I am.

BRAVEHEART [98]

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

fluffy sticky cotton candy
found a bloke who's hot and randy

you're happy? yeah, you are :)

BravingKL said...

ok, more on that later! :D

Anonymous said...

Fluffy Sticky Cotton Candy
Braving wonders gayly
And the daffodils look lovely today
Looked lovely

BravingKL said...

awww... everyone's joining in the fun now. :D

Anonymous said...

hmmm... subtlety of my expressive poem escapes braving

Anonymous said...

subtlety of poem escapes bicentaur too.. but maybe that's just 'cos i'm thick

Anonymous said...

braving has updated his fluffy cotton candy. i am happy for him. it sounds like a great date i would dream of!

Anonymous said...

bicentaur, sometimes i can be thick too in the right places

Perry Neeham said...

That's cute Braving. I'm happy for you. Funny thing, the internet!

Anonymous said...

greateastern26, like where? *looks confused while scratching imaginary blond hair*

Anonymous said...

bicentaur, during off peak seasons i only know it's hanging around somewhere

Anonymous said...

greateastern26, hmm.. well does it stir from its slumber and rises to the occasion come peak season?

Anonymous said...

Dedicated to bicentaur

When I am down
and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come
and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still
and wait here in the silence,
Until you come
and sit awhile _on_ me.

You raise me up,
so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up,
to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong,
when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up:
To more than I can be.

You raise me up,
so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up,
to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong,
when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up:
To more than I can be.

There is no life -
no life without its hunger;
Each restless heart
beats so imperfectly;
But when you cum
and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes, I think
I glimpse eternity.

adapted from You Raise Me Up, sung by Josh Groban

oh gosh braving i think your blog is giving me some fever.

Anonymous said...

thanks greateastern26.. i've always quite liked that song.. hmm, i might just have the right concoction to remedy that fever *raises eyebrow*

BravingKL said...

oh my, did I just see some sparks flew past me? I should have started a match-making firm long time ago. You two go for it ok, but leave my blog alone. haha..

Anonymous said...

oh bicentaur, you are just one man. how much concocktion can you produce a day?
people like braving got so much in making. yes?

Anonymous said...

well greateastern26, that's for me to know and (maybe) for you to find out? measuring jug at the ready? ;)

well braving, nothing like a few sparks to brighten up your blog, innit? that said, i've always maintained that two's a company, and three's a (uhm) partyyy..

BravingKL said...

i guess my gloomy postings could use some sunshine. dun forget to invite me to your err.. party.

Anonymous said...

invite? sure, but first, i've got to do some quality control (now where have i heard that before?) *grins*

BravingKL said...

awww.. i have a list of references and testimonials too if you need to be convinced. LOL